Register your new company on our law firm’s website
We check your company registration. This is before it proceeds to ASIC.
Incorporating a company with ASIC is important.
Our company and constitution comply as:
1. a trustee of a family trust, unit trust and bare trust
2. a trustee of Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
3. a crowd-sourced funding vehicle
4. a vehicle to operate a business
Restricting your choice of company name
As you build your company on our website, check if your preferred company name is available.
You can’t use the words:
You can’t use words that could mislead people about a company’s activities. This includes links to the Government, the Royal Family, or ex-serviceperson groups.
ASIC refuses offensive and illegal names.
Allowed short-forms in company names
Australian Business Number: ABN
Company: Co, Coy
Proprietary Limited: Pty Ltd
Constitution vs replaceable rules
Companies are governed by:
* a constitution (recommended), or
* replaceable rules
Replaceable rules (from the Corporations Act 2001) provide a basic set of rules for your company. They are not good. Few accountants, lawyers or advisers recommend them.
Replaceable rules are less than the bare minimum. There are many additional powers that a company should have. These are only found in a constitution.
Replaceable rules change at the whim of the current government. While the changes may benefit ‘society’, they may not be in the best interests of shareholders. In contrast, shareholders amend constitutions anytime.
Our Company Constitution contains:
* Adjunct Professor, Dr Brett Davies’ Doctorate was on business succession planning, our pre-emptive rights are cutting edge
* tag along requirement’ forcing minority shareholders to also sell their shares together with majority shareholders
* accountant friendly, GAAP compliant valuation powers
* profit distributions, even when there is no ‘profit’ for ATO purposes
* over 30 different classes of shares
* allowing Directors and shareholders to use Skype and other online facilities
* built-in Division 7A Loan Deeds
Seven advantages of using a law firm website to build your company
The 7 advantages of using Legal Consolidated:
- 94% of incorporations happen within 25 minutes of you building the company online
- our lawyers personally vet the details before submitting to ASIC
- when required, we contact ASIC to confirm your company name
- what if your company name is unavailable or challenged by ASIC? We contact you via telephone and help you find one that is available
- you receive a secure, personalised email containing
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company Constitution
- All minutes
- Letter on our law firm’s letterhead
- as always, our hints and training videos guide you. The law firm is available 24/7 via telephone for legal advice on how to build your document
- a constitution is a deed. Only a law firm can legally prepare deeds.
For more legal advice telephone us. We are a law firm. We can help you answer the questions.
Adjunct Professor, Dr Brett Davies, CTA, AIAMA, BJuris, LLB, Dip Ed, BArts(Hons), LLM, MBA, SJD
Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors
Head Office: 39 Stirling Highway, Nedlands, WA
National Australia law firm
Mobile: 0477 796 959
National: 1800 141 612