SA Letter of Demand & Writ
You did some work. You lent someone some money. They now don’t want to pay you. They know it costs thousands to use a lawyer. Our law firm changed all this. You don’t need to see a lawyer or debt collector to recover your money. Build this SA Letter of Demand & Writ.You get:
- Letter of Demand
- South Australian Writ
- Our letter to you confirming the above
What you do:
After you build the Letter of Demand & Writ online:
- post the Letter of Demand and Writ to the person that owes you the money.
- if they don’t pay, then you take the Writ to the SA court. They arrange a Bailiff to serve it.
Letter of Demand on our Law Firm letterhead?
This document produces a Letter of Demand with your name and details on the letterhead. Instead, you can build the Letter of Demand on our law firm’s letterhead. The Demand Letter is then built on our law firm letterhead. It carries more weight. The cost is higher but you may get a better outcome from the Defendant. The choice is yours.
1. Why send a Letter of Demand and Writ sent to the Defendant?
- the person who owes you the money (Defendant) how serious you are about recovering the debt
- that you are not afraid to pursue the matter in court
- clearly: how much you are owed, who owes it to you, why they owe it to you and how long they have to pay you the money.
If after 10 days of receiving the Letter of Demand your Defendant does not pay then you lodge the Writ at the South Australian Court.
2. Why is a Demand Letter important?
To improve your chances of winning in court, send a Demand Letter to the Defendant before you start legal proceedings. The Demand Letter clearly sets out what you want.
There are more hints and training videos as you build your document online. For more legal advice telephone us. We are a law firm. We can help you answer the questions.
Dr Brett Davies, CTA, AIAMA, BJuris, LLB, Dip Ed, BArts(Hons), LLM, MBA, SJD
Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors
Australia wide law firm
Direct: 08 6389-0400
Reception: 08 6389-0100