Demand Letter & Writ for Tasmania (see here for other States)
You did some work. You lent someone some money. They now don't want to pay you. They know it costs thousands to use a lawyer or debt collector. Our law firm changes this. You don't need to see a lawyer to recover your money. Build a Demand Letter & Writ. You get:
- Letter of Demand
- Tasmanian Writ
- Our letter to you confirming the above
What you do:
After you build the Letter of Demand and Writ online:
- post the Letter of Demand and Writ to the person that owes you the money.
- if they don't pay, then you take the Writ to the Tasmanian Court. They arrange a Bailiff to serve it.
Letter of Demand on our Law Firm letterhead?
This document produces a Letter of Demand with your name and details on the letterhead. Instead, you can build the Letter of Demand on our law firm's letterhead. The Demand Letter is then built on our law firm letterhead. It carries more weight. The cost is higher but you may get a better outcome from the Defendant. The choice is yours.
You can also build a Letter of Demand in:
1. Why is a Letter of Demand and Writ sent to the evil debtor?
- the person who owes you the money (Defendant) how serious you are about recovering the debt.
- that you are not afraid to pursue the matter in the Tasmanian Court
- clearly: how much you are owed, who owes it to you, why they owe it to you and how long they have to pay you the money.
If after 10 days of receiving the Letter of Demand your Defendant does not pay then you lodge the Writ at the Court.
2. Why is a Demand Letter important?
To improve your chances of winning in court, send a Demand Letter to the client before you start legal proceedings in Tasmania. The Demand Letter clearly sets out what you want.
There are more hints and training videos as you build your document online. For more legal advice telephone us. We are a law firm. We can help you answer the questions.
Adjunct Professor, Dr Brett Davies, CTA, AIAMA, BJuris, LLB, LLM, MBA, SJD
Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors
Australia wide law firm
Mobile: 0477 796 959
Reception: 1800 141 612