Our law firm witnesses your Enduring Power of Attorney, Medical POA and Guardianship POAs
We prefer that you have someone witness your Powers of Attorneys for free. In all States, even NSW, there are many people that can witness your POAs for free. When you build your POAs with us we give you a list of authorised persons that witness your POAs for free.
However, if for whatever reason you cannot find someone to witness your POA our law firm can witness your POAs via Skype.
Our fee to witness Australian POAs over Skype is $250 if you are in Australia. Our fee if you are overseas is $350. That is for both you and your spouse, for as many POAs as you need to be witnessed. To put the matter beyond doubt, the total cost to witness all your POAs is $250 (or $350) including GST. However, this must be done at the same Skype meeting. If there is a second Skype meeting we charge again.
Where can we build Enduring POAs?
There are 8 different types of Enduring POAs. Each Australian State and Territory has its own versions. You can build them here: https://www.legalconsolidated.com.au/enduring-poa-introduction/
Where can we build Medical/Lifestyle POAs, Guardianships and Directives?
A Medical/Lifestyle POA is also called:
- Enduring Power of Guardianship – Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales
- Enduring Power of Attorney – Australian Capital Territory
- Advance Personal Plan – Northern Territory
- Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker – Victoria
- Enduring Guardianship
- Medical Enduring POA
- Advanced Care Directive – South Australia
- Advanced Health Directive – Queensland
To instruct our lawyers to witness your POA over Skype:
And then email our Estate Planning lawyer: brett@
1. Credit card number: …………………………
2. Name on credit card: ……………………….
3. Expiry date: ……………… / ………..
4. Three different dates and times for our lawyers to Skype with you: …………………..
5. Your Skype address: …………………………
1. In Skype invite or send a ‘wave’ to: brettkennethdavies. (If you don’t like Skype just give the details of another service).
2. Have both your Drivers Licences and Passports to show our lawyer over Skype.
We bill your credit card $250 (or $350 if you are overseas) and after your credit card is processed give you a time and date that suits you.
Once signed in front of the lawyer over Skype:
1. you post all the signed POAs to Legal Consolidated Barristers & Solicitors
2. the lawyer that witnessed the POAs over Skype signs the POAs
3. we then post you back the POAs (we don’t keep any copies)
4. we close the file
What if we or the people we nominate are overseas?
That is fine. We can witness any Australian POA irrespective of where you are.
What about the persons I nominate in my POA?
(Note, in some States you don’t need a lawyer or similar to witness the donees’ signatures – in such States any adult can witness the donee’s acceptance of your POA. And in some other States, there is no witness at all for the person’s accepting the POAs.)
Why do we need a lawyer to witness our POAs?
For more help just telephone us.
Adjunct Professor, Dr Brett Davies, CTA, AIAMA, BJuris, LLB, LLM, MBA, SJD
Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors
Australia wide law firm
Free Estate Planning training course
Free training course on protecting vulnerable children in Wills
Couples 3-Generation Testamentary Trust Wills
Singles 3-Generation Testamentary Trust Will