"A man without privacy is a man without dignity; the fear that big brother is watching and listening threatens the freedom of the individual no less than prison bars."
"No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor attacks upon his honour and reputation."
Welcome to Legal Consolidated Barristers & Solicitors. Because we are law firm, as our client, you gain many additional benefits over non-law firms providing legal documents online:
1. Legal professional privilege – as a law firm certain matters can’t be made available to any person or entity – if you deal with a non-law firm then the courts can direct the non-law firm to hand over that type of information and documents. In Australia, legal professional privilege (also referred to as client legal privilege) is a rule of law protecting communications between lawyers and their clients from disclosure under compulsion of court or statute. Your confidentiality is protected by the attorney-client privilege. The privilege may be waived by the client, but not by us the lawyers.
2. Our law firm’s Professional Indemnity Insurance. All Australian law firms and their lawyers are required to hold Professional Indemnity Insurance under the terms of each state E.g. Legal Profession Act 2004 (NSW) and the Legal Profession Act 2006 (ACT).
3. We govern ourselves according to the rules and principles of a law firm’s professional conduct. As lawyers, we are bound by rules of ethics that require us to call upon every means possible to obtain positive results for our clients.
4. Our duty of care is to the courts and our clients. All privacy legislation is subservient to the higher standards set for lawyers and our ethical duties.
Use of the Service
2. Legal Consolidated Barristers & Solicitors is a law firm. We can and do give legal advice. Seek advice if you are unsure about the legal document you need.
3. You may incorrectly interpret or misunderstand a question and therefore end up with a document that is wrong or won’t work.
4. The legal, commercial and taxation effects of a document can vary based on your personal situation.
5. Only you know the purpose for which you intend to use a document you build: Our law firm is not responsible for your choice of document. If in doubt, consult with us on a document's suitability.
6. We cannot warrant that a legal document you decide to build is appropriate or suits your needs.
By using or visiting the Legal Consolidated website or any Legal Consolidated services, software, server, data feeds, and services provided to you on, from, or through the Legal Consolidated website or over the internet (collectively the ‘Service’) you agree to:
(1) These terms (‘Terms of Service’); and
Although Legal Consolidated is not liable for any losses you suffer as a result of any unauthorised use of your Account, you are liable for the losses of Legal Consolidated or others due to any unauthorized use.
General Permissions & Restrictions
You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Legal Consolidated’s prior written authorisation, unless Legal Consolidated makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service (such as the Embeddable Document Portal).
You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than as facilitated and contemplated by the Service itself, the Embeddable Document Portal, or other explicitly authorized means Legal Consolidated may designate.
You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Legal Consolidated’s prior written approval:
(1) The sale of access to the Service; or
(2) The sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content.
Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
(2) Any use that Legal Consolidated expressly authorises in writing.
If you use the Embeddable Document Portal on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embeddable Document Portal, including but not limited to links back to the Legal Consolidated website.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, robots, spiders, or offline readers, that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Legal Consolidated servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser.
Notwithstanding the above Legal Consolidated grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Legal Consolidated reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including Account names and other personal or financial data, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
In your use of the Service, you comply with all applicable laws.
Legal Consolidated reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content:
The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos (‘Marks’) on the Service, are owned by or licensed to Legal Consolidated, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
Content is provided to you ‘as is’. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service, and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You must not download any Content other than pursuant to the functionality within the Service for the download of Content.
You must not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Legal Consolidated. Legal Consolidated and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content. At all times we claim legal professional privilege for our users, as permitted by law.
(1) You must not use any Content in connection with creating other Content;
(2) You must not use any part of any Content for any purpose except the specific purpose for which the Content was ordered;
(3) You must not copy any part of any Content for any purpose except in relation to the transaction for which the Content was ordered;
(3) You must not interfere with, alter or attempt to copy or reproduce any part of the Service while using the Service;
(4) You must not incorporate any part of our Service or Content in any other program or system; and
(5) You must not represent that the Content or our Service was created by your own resources, or those of a third party.
Legal Consolidated reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
Your Comments & Recommendations
If you provide comments or recommendations to Legal Consolidated for our Content, or the Content of other users of the Service, such comments and recommendations may be adopted by us and integrated into the Content and the Service. In consideration of your access to the Service you assign and agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property in the comments and recommendations to Legal Consolidated for no further consideration or attribution.
Legal Consolidated strongly recommends that before you use any Content, you obtain legal advice on your particular circumstances and the suitability of the Content to meet your particular requirements. All Content is general in nature and may not cover every situation that might arise.
Any use of the Service or Content is at your sole risk.
Delivery PolicyThe Content you order through the Service will, if relevant, be delivered electronically to you on the earlier of when you download them or when you click to have us send them to you by email to the email address you have nominated when setting up your account.
100% Full Refund Policy
You get a full refund, upon request, provided you agree to not use our legal document.
Account Termination Policy
Legal Consolidated terminates access to the Service at our sole discretion, for any reason, subject to the retainer, if you are a client of the law firm.
A reference to ‘Legal Consolidated’ is a reference to the Australian law firm Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors (ABN 94936003432). Please contact us anytime, we welcome your feedback:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: +61 8 6389 0100